Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Shopping and Creating

Today I took my son out for a shopping trip. We went to Michael's and Wal-Mart in search of buttons and things to make crafts with buttons. It was a success... a tad expensive, but what the heck... once the finished products are sold it'll more than make up for the up front costs.

So... today I made fourteen bobby pins and three necklaces. I think I need to get more chains/cords because wow did they ever turn out well!

Sadly the jewelry glue I was using doesn't seem to be doing the buttons any favours... some of my crafts seem to have a dull sheen on them. Luckily it wipes off, so perhaps I just need to give them a gentle wash and they'll be good as new. Would really hate to have all that work be for nothing!

I paid my fee for the craft show in November... I'll be in the gym again so I sincerely hope it's an unseasonably warm day. Otherwise, at least I know now to wear my boots, several sweaters and bring a blanket! It's not too bad if you're a shopper, but when you're just sitting still it can get very, very cold!

So anyway, that's it for tonight's quick little update. Seems a friend of mine has found a baggie of buttons for me so I'll try to swing by her place this week and pick them up. Thanks Fran!!

Have a great week and spread some happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment