Total Pageviews

Friday, January 13, 2012

Almost Had More Buttons

I went to pick up my husband from work today and since he wasn't quite ready to go, I popped into a couple of local thrift shops. Sadly the first didn't have any buttons, but I did get some beads and some ribbon. I'm hoping to make some bookmarks with them, and perhaps some jewelry. The second store did have buttons, and I found some pretty cool ones... but they only took cash and I, as usual, don't carry cash... so I called Chris and asked if he had any. Nope. Which is a bit rare. Usually he has a few bucks on him... but not today. No problem... I'll just have to remember to carry some the next time I pick him up... then I can pop into the store and scoop up some fine buttons. :)

I'm thinking of putting a jar out in class maybe... just to see if anyone will bring in any buttons they may find. I'm not sure I'll find too many that way though... most of the ladies in my class are young and don't seem too inclined to keep buttons. I know I sure didn't at twenty! I don't even really collect them now except for this project and recent button-related projects. Mind you... it's a good idea. Maybe if we did more mending of clothes we could save landfill space and reuse things better. Hmm... it's a good theory. Probably what would happen is I'd have a drawer full of half-mended shirts just waiting to be fixed! Gotta love follow-through!

Just wanted to pop on here for a quick note and to say that things are happening... albeit slowly. :) If anyone wants to mail me some buttons, or donate crafts, or make suggestions for crafts, I'd really like to hear from you! joanne.arbuthnott@yahoo.ca is my email address. Also, if you want to, you can follow the blog by email by submitting yours in the top right corner. Apparently my good friend Nikki is doing just that... so it seems to be working! That way, you won't miss a thing! :)

So, good night... happy Friday, and talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment