Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Getting Feedback Already!

Ok, now this is exciting! It has only been a day or two and I've had viewers come visit from Canada, the US, Germany and Ukraine!! Yay!

Also, the general sense I'm getting from most people is that this is a good idea and there are people who want to help! My Mom might think I'm a tad nuts... but she's just looking out for me! I'll admit to a slight obsession or two here and there. :)

Anyway... things are good so far, got a few suggestions for crafts to make, a friend is going to send me a packet of buttons if he happens to find some, and I had a suggestion to put a jar or something like it in our clinic lounge for fellow students to deposit loose buttons. I'll give it all a go!

As for school... we're really hitting the ground running this term! Today was the first day back and I already had two chapters to read!! I got it done... and it's only just 10pm (yay!) so I'm going to jump into bed and get some rest before tomorrow. It's our first day back to lab/clinic.

I'm just realizing that anyone who is new and didn't follow A Canvas A Day is probably completely lost as to what I'm talking about! Sorry!! I seem to just be jumping in as a continuation of the other blog. Well, feel free to pop over there to see what's what and who's who. :)

Quick run-down, I'm a mom of two beautiful kids, a boy who will be four in six weeks (omg!!) and a little girl who is 19 months today. Crazy how time flies!! My lovely husband, Chris, is very supportive of my insane ventures and has been so great this past year... and he has a bit of an idea what he's in for this year too, though I've promised him not to go too crazy and try to keep a better balance on my time and commitments. Well, I'll do my best anyway! I'm also a full-time Dental Assisting student at the local college (NSCC) and I will graduate at the end of May when I'll be hoping for a job!! I'm very excited and really enjoying the program so I think things are going to turn out really well. I guess you'd say I'm a pretty outgoing, friendly sort of person... I definitely take on a lot of projects/hobbies... sometimes too many, but it's just so hard to say no! This past year has changed me... I've tried to focus more on positivity and really appreciating all that I have. It's so easy to be negative and I really don't want to be that person anymore! Plus, the idea that one ordinary person can make a difference by doing something small is just so wonderful! I hope that last year's project has inspired some people to do something for their community or even just one other person. Everything counts. So, now I'm embarking on a new project with lots of small things... buttons! I know that something I do can make a change for someone and that's such a nice feeling for everyone who gets involved.

My little motto last year was "spread the happy" and I think that fully applies again this year. So, tomorrow, look around you and if you can, spread some happiness into your day. Smile at someone... open a door, drop some loose change into a donations jar... whatever strikes you as a good deed, go ahead and do it! The happy will spread all on its own from there. :)

So, good night and thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment